AmbientLife is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, and this document outlines how we collect and process your personal data.
Updated on 8th January 2021
Who we are
‘AmbientLife’ is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our full contact details are:
Full name of legal entity: ‘AmbientLife’
Email address: email@example.com
What we collect
We may collect personal information including:
• Identity Data including your first name, last name, title, and position within the business.
• Contact Data may include your billing address, business address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
• Photographs of yourself as part of a commissioned shoot that you ask us to capture.
• Financial Data may include your bank account
• Technical Data may include your, IP addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
• Usage Data may include information about how you use our website and services.
How we collect your personal data
We may collect data about you through different methods including:
• Direct interactions: You may provide data by communicating with us by post, phone, email or in person, including when you:
• enquire about our services
• meeting us for a shoot or to discuss a shoot.
• order our services
• Automated technologies: As you browse our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data using cookies or server logs.
• Third parties: We may receive personal data from third parties, including:
• Analytics providers such as Google Analytics
What we do with the information we gather
We only store and use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, including:
• To perform our contract with you, for example, to capture and produce your photographs.
• To fulfill our legal obligations, such as accounting requirements.
• If you have asked for information about our services, we may use email, post or telephone to tell you about products or services or supply other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact details which you have provided. You may opt out of these marketing communications at any time by emailing us.
• We do not share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes.
Who we may share this information with
We may have to share some of your personal data with the parties set out below:
• Other companies who provide services to us, such as the companies who print our photographs.
• Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
• Professional advisers including accountants, lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
• Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
We require all third parties to care for your data as carefully as we do, and only process your personal data in accordance with our instructions.
Some of these third parties may be based outside of the EEA, but we will ensure that they ensure a similar degree of security for your personal data.
What we do to care for your data
We have put in place security measures to protect your personal data, whether stored on paper or digitally, to the best of our ability.
How long we keep your data
We only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which we collected it, unless we must retain it for legal/accounting reasons or to fulfill the lifetime guarantee we offer with our photographs.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
• Request access to your personal data.
• Request correction of your personal data.
• Request erasure of your personal data.
• Object to processing of your personal data.
• Request restriction of processing your personal data.
• Request transfer of your personal data.
• Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
We would be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), better known as the EU Cookie Law, is supposed to protect your personal data and stop websites from tracking your habits. The law is a minefield, however we have checked the cookies on this website and they are all detailed below, to the best of our knowledge.
By continuing to use the site you are agreeing to the following:
First-party cookies are created and controlled by software on the Clikpic server:
• The main ‘AmbientLife’ server uses standard Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
• The website caching software creates a temporary cookie when you’re logged in, so it doesn’t show you cached data.
Third-party cookies are created and controlled by other websites, and may not affect you:
• When you click links to visit websites outside of this website, those websites may create cookies.